At White River Aesthetics, we use FDA-approved intense pulse light (IPL) therapy to rid skin of acne and the scars it leaves behind. This laser acne treatment kills blemish-causing bacteria below the skin to safely and effectively create a clear, smooth complexion on your face and body.
What to Expect:
IPL therapy is quickly administered, noninvasive, and UV-safe. During treatment, you can expect the following:
- This treatment works in conjunction with microdermabrasion.
- You will wear a protective eye covering.
- Your provider will apply a cold gel to the treatment area.
- As the handheld device is applied to the treatment zone, a stream of cold air will decrease the sensation of heat and protect the skin.
- You may experience a sensation like that of a rubber band snapping against skin. Any discomfort should be mild and short-lived.
There is no recovery time necessary for our laser acne treatment. Your treated area may feel sunburned, and redness and mild swelling may occur. These side effects will subside within hours of treatment. Avoid sun exposure, and apply a sunscreen daily.